Tuesday, November 4, 2008

People of Cuba Documentary: September 2008

For 2 weeks this past September (2008) I made a trip to the Matanzas province of Cuba and stayed in Varadero. From Varadero, myself and another photo-j rented motorbikes and explored the small villages outside of the city. We spent most of our time photographing in Boca de Guama, Cardenas and Carbonara. After food poisoning, a bladder infection, a broken motorbike throttle cable that almost left me stranded in the middle-of-nowhere-farmlands of Cuba (twice!), lots and lots of rum and being chased down a road by a lady waving a stick yelling "American propaganda!" these are a small selection of the pictures I captured of the Cuban people. I will hopefully be returning to Cuba in January 2009 to continue working on this project.
























No comments: